If the Wordle puzzles continue like this, then August is shaping up to be one of the toughest months yet. After an extremely difficult teaser to start the month, Wordle is back with another problematic puzzle for August 2. Fortunately, Express Online is here to help, courtesy of three spoiler-free hints for Wordle 409. Just head to the bottom of the page for the latest selection of Wordle clues, and remember to check back for even more hints tomorrow. Good luck!
The word game that has taken social media feeds by storm, Wordle tasks players with figuring out a five letter word in just six guesses.
To master Wordle and solve those daily puzzles, you’ll need to pay close attention to the colour of the tiles after each guess.
If the letter tile turns grey, the letter does not appear in the word you are guessing. If the tile turns yellow, the letter you guessed is in the word, just not in the correct position. If the tile turns green, the letter is in the word and in the right place.
The app keeps track of your statistics, showing the number of correct answers you’ve managed, as well as your winning streak.
If you fail to solve the puzzle, then you’ll have to wait until the next day for a new Wordle to be released. You’ll also lose your precious winning streak.
Read on for some general Wordle tips, followed by three specific clues for Wordle 409 on August 2…
General Wordle tips and tricks…
• Don’t use the same letter twice in your opening guess.
• Try to use a couple of vowels in your first guess, particularly ‘A’ and ‘E’.
• Avoid letters such as ‘X’, ‘Z’ and ‘Q’ until later on, when you have a better idea what the answer is.
• ‘RAISE’ is a good word to start with, while ‘TOUCH’ is a decent second guess.
• Check out the daily hints provided by Express Online below…
Wordle 409 hints and clues for August 2…
1. Wordle 409 starts with the letter C.
2. Wordle 409 contains one vowel.
3. One of the letters appears twice.